Snoqualmie firefighters responded to a residential fire in the 7500 block of Raven Avenue SE on Snoqualmie Ridge around 11 a.m. April 16.
The house fire was already extensive in the second story and attic by the time firefighters arrived. The fire was knocked down quickly. After a home search, firefighters confirmed there were no occupants in the house, and no firefighters were injured, according to the department.
The fire is under investigation by the King County Sheriff’s Office Fire Investigation Unit. It is initially being ruled as accidental, with a potential culprit being an overloaded electrical outlet. Initial damage estimates are $350,000 for loss to the structure and home contents, according to the department.
In all, 29 personnel from seven fire stations responded to the incident. These included the Snoqualmie Fire Department, King County Fire District #27 in Fall City, Eastside Fire and Rescue and Bellevue Fire Department/Medic One.
“As a reminder, surge protectors and power strips should be directly plugged into the wall and never plugged into a multi-plug adaptor,” a press release from the city of Snoqualmie states. “When using these strips, use only Underwriters Laboratories (UL) listed devices, and only plug in devices that do not have a large power draw such as space heaters or appliances, as this can overheat the power strip and result in a fire.”
More information on home fire safety can be found at the National Fire Protection Association website.