A small chimney fire broke out at the Salish Lodge and Spa in Snoqualmie on the morning of July 21.
The Snoqualmie and Fall City Fire Departments, alongside Eastside Fire and Rescue, responded to the call, and were able to prevent the fire from spreading to the building’s roof. Guests were evacuated as a precaution.
The fire was extinguished and guests were allowed back into the facility. Interim Fire Chief Michael Bailey said a fire investigator will look into the incident to determine a cause.
This story will be updated when more information becomes available.
Interim Fire Chief Michael Bailey said the fire was caused by a creosote build-up in the chimney.