Blotter: Star-gazers removed from Snoqualmie Point Park; Police bring house-eggers back to apologize and clean up their mess

Snoqualmie-North Bend Police Dept.

Saturday, Dec. 31

Suspicious: At 7:59 a.m., an officer noticed a subject was burning a small fire under the bridge on Bendigo Boulevard, North Bend, to keep warm. The officer told the subject to put out the illegal fire and warned him against future fires.

Sunday, Jan. 1

Egging: At 3:04 a.m., a caller on Raven Avenue S.E., Snoqualmie, reported that his house had been egged and there were footprints in the snow leading to the culprits. An officer followed the footsteps to their home on Fern Avenue, then brought the children back to the house to apologize and clean up.

Theft: At 3:36 a.m., a business in the 500 block of E. North Bend Way, North Bend, reported that a man about 25, wearing a green jacket and hoodie had stolen cigarettes. The theft was recorded on video, given to police.

Monday, Jan. 2

No thanks: At 9:53 a.m., a business in the 8200 block of Railroad Avenue S.E., reported a theft, by a 6’4” man with a dark beard and green jacket. A store employee claimed he took a coffee without paying. Police contacted the man on Railroad Avenue; he said he didn’t have enough money to pay for the drink so he left it on the counter.

Wednesday, Jan. 4

Star gazing: At 9:10 p.m., police noticed an unoccupied vehicle in the lot at Snoqualmie Point Park. They contacted the owner, who had been star-gazing nearby, and advised him that the park was closed.

Thursday, Jan. 5

Marijuana: At 9:33 p.m., an officer patrolling near Carmichael Avenue S.E. and S.E. Sorenson Street, Snoqualmie, observed two juveniles walk into one of the park bathrooms together. The park was closed. The officer investigated and found five juveniles in the bathroom smoking marijuana.

Suspicious: At 9:12 p.m., a motel in the 14600 block of 468th Avenue S.E., North Bend, reported a vehicle that had circled the parking lot several times, that was last seen going behind the building with another vehicle. Police did not find the vehicles immediately, but later found a boy and girl, both 18 years old, in the back of a station wagon. They said they’d stopped to talk. The officer advised them to either talk in a motel room, or leave.

Friday, Jan. 6

Camper: At 1:31 p.m., police received a report that a man had set up a tent next to a restaurant dumpster at Main Avenue S. and Cedar Avenue S., North Bend. An officer investigated but no one was inside. The manager requested the tent be removed.

Snoqualmie Fire Dept.

Thursday, Jan. 5

Gas odor: At 1:06 p.m., Snoqualmie firefighters responded with Eastside Fire &Rescue to a report of natural gas odor inside a medical clinic in North Bend on Main Avenue S. Firefighters arrived and did not see a problem, but monitored the building until Puget Sound Energy technicians arrived.

Broken sprinkler head: At 1:25 p.m., firefighters received an alarm call from the Mount Si Freshman Campus. The crew was directed to the gym, where a bad odor was noticeable. They investigated and found that one of the sprinkler heads had broken, likely because of recent cold weather. They shut down the sprinkler system and told the maintenance staff to call a technician for repairs. They left the building on fire watch.

Burst pipe: At 6:12 p.m., firefighters responded to a home on Meadowbrook Way S.E., where a homeowner reported that a water pipe to a hose connection had broken and he couldn’t find the shutoff valve. Firefighters verified the break was not a threat to the home, then located the shutoff and used it. They advised the homeowner on what to do until a plumber arrived.

Friday, Jan. 6

Alarm: At 8:41 a.m., Snoqualmie firefighters were dispatched to the Mount Si Freshman Campus for an automatic fire alarm, which was apparently set off by steam, when district employees were cleaning a room. They reset the alarm.

Pipe burst: At 12:35 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to an automatic fire alarm at the Snoqualmie Tribal building on Ethan Wade Way S.E. The alarm was set off when a sprinkler pipe burst in the main entry.

Faulty stove: At 2:01 p.m., Snoqualmie firefighters were dispatched to a smell of natural gas in a home on Pinehurst Avenue S.E. The resident of the home said the gas stove’s burner igniters kept going off. Firefighters did not notice a gas smell and confirmed that there was no gas with a detector. They shut off the gas to the stove and unplugged it, before allowing the resident to go back inside.

Sunday, Jan. 8

Burst pipe: At 4:08 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to an alarm at Opstad Elementary, where they arrived to find bells sounding and strobes flashing. The alarm panel indicated a water problem and the crew found a burst pipe behind the school. They called a district employee.

Tree down: At 10:24 a.m., Snoqualmie firefighters responded to Stilson Avenue S.E. for a report of a tree down over wires, above a residential street. Winds were high in the area, with gusts up to 60 mph. Firefighters arrived to find several residents working on removing the tree, who continued to work on the tree after being advised not to. Firefighters said they were at risk, not only of electrocution from the power lines, but also of another tree falling. They said they would take the chance. Sheriff’s Deputies arrived and the scene was turned over to them.

Power out: At 1:24 p.m., the department received an alarm, caused by a power failure, at the Salish Lodge. Management contacted a technician for repairs. No fire was found.

Tree down: At 4:07 p.m., Snoqualmie firefighters responded with Puget Sound Energy to a report of a tree down over power lines, which were arcing and sparking during a wind storm. The crew arrived and blocked the road from incoming traffic, then PSE staff arrived and cleared the tree.

Medical aid: In addition, Snoqualmie EMTs responded to nine medical aid incidents, bringing the total number of calls to date to 47.