Police and fire agencies in the Snoqualmie Valley responded to the following calls:
Fall City Fire Department
Thursday, March 16
Malfunction: At 2:17 a.m., Fall City firefighter and EMTs were called to a private home, where a patient in her 90s was experiencing low blood oxygen saturation. Her home oxygen machine was found to be malfunctioning. The machine was repaired and the patient was left at home.
Friday, March 1
Dizziness: At 3:30 p.m., Fall City firefighter and EMTs saw a 61-year-old woman who was feeling dizzy. She was evaluated and encouraged to go to the hospital but she elected to sign a refusal of treatment form and stayed home. The patient was encouraged to call 911 if symptoms continued.
Saturday, March 18
Heart problems: At 6:21 a.m., Fall City Firefighter/EMTs saw an 80-year-old woman who had a rapid heart rate. She was further evaluated by medics from the Bellevue Fire Department and was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Monday, March 20
Collision: At 9:45 a.m., Fall City firefighters were called to the scene of a two-vehicle accident on Redmond-Fall City Road SE. A vehicle was stopped at a crosswalk waiting for a pedestrian to cross when it was struck from behind by another vehicle. One patient was evaluated but refused treatment.
Snoqualmie Fire Dept.
Thursday, March 16
Fire: At 8:36 a.m., Snoqualmie firefighters responded with other units to an unconfirmed structure fire on SE 92nd Street. The crew arrived and found no sign of smoke or fire. An electrical outlet in the kitchen had arced, smoked and melted the electrical outlet and the homeowners cut the power before the crew arrived. They were advised to contact an electrician.
Saturday, March 18
Broken appliance: At 7:18 p.m., Snoqualmie firefighters responded to a phoned-in report of an odor of electrical melting or smoke inside a home on SE Forest Street. The crew met with the homeowner, who said her refrigerator had been acting up, then she started smelling smoke. She unplugged it, then called the fire department. The crew brought in thermal imaging, and a carbon monoxide monitor to determine the source of the problem, which seemed to be in the electrical components of the refrigerator. The homeowner was advised to call for a repairman and not to plug the refrigerator back in.
Wednesday, March 22
Fire drill: At 7:52 a.m., Snoqualmie firefighters responded to Mount Si High School for a fire alarm. The crew was met by building staff who said there was no fire, just a fire drill.
Lock out: At 12:09 p.m., a resident reported that she had locked herself out of the house while cooking, and left a pan on the stove. Firefighters responded to the home on SE Park Street, confirmed the stove was on, then gained access to the house through an unlocked bathroom window, and turned off the stove. They then gave the resident a lift back to the house.
Fire: At 5:01 p.m., Snoqualmie firefighters responded with Eastside Fire & Rescue to a fire alarm in an industrial park on Tanner Road in North Bend. The crew arrived to find a single-story wood shop that appeared to be evacuated, with no signs of fire. They determined that the occupants of the building had pulled apart the dust collection system from their millwork shop, and there had been a fire inside the system. The occupants said the fire was out, and they had reset the alarm. Firefighters instructed them occupants to clean their dust control system, and have the damaged sections inspected for safety before using the system again.
Medical aid: In addition to the above calls, Snoqualmie EMTs responded to 13 medical aid incidents, bringing the total number of calls to date to 248.