Outside hitters Lindsay Carr and Anna McCreadie are bringing the power to the Mount Si volleyball court this fall.
Carr, in particular, is set for a strong senior season. Committed to Division-1 Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles on a scholarship, she has also committed to becoming one of the physically strongest players in the nation.
Lifting weights for two years, she can squat 405 pounds, hang-clean at 185, and does pull-ups wearing a 20-pound vest. Her attack jump is 10 feet and an inch.
All this power helps Carr as the team’s number-one outside hitter, followed by McCreadie, who is a junior, at number two. They rotate around the court and balance each other’s strengths.
Both girls started in this game in eighth grade. They both play for the Sudden Impact club of Bellevue. Both girls train together, along with other athletes on the Mount Si team.
“We two are looked up to as leaders,” says Carr. “We both want to set an example for everyone else to follow—not only play, but off the court.”
“We’re really good friends,” said McCreadie. “I’m glad I have her, because she’s someone I can look up to. At the same time, I can compete against her. I want to be better. That gives me motivation to work hard.”
The two hitters have set goals to go to state and beat all foes, “especially, Mercer Island.”
Looking around the squad, “we have a lot of potential,” says Carr. “If we work hard, we can do it.”
Learn more about Mount Si Volleyball here.
Mount Si volleyball
Wednesday, Sept. 11
• Mount Si at Juanita, 7 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 16
• Mount Si hosts Interlake, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 18
• Mount Si hosts Sammamish, 7 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 23
• M Si at Sammamish, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 25
• Mount Si at Bellevue, 7 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 30
• Mount Si hosts Mercer Island, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 2
• Mount Si hosts Liberty, 7 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 7
• Mount Si hosts Juanita, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 9
• Mount Si at Intelake, 7 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 14
• Mount Si at Sammamish, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 16
• Mount Si hosts Lake Washington, 7 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 21
• Mount Si hosts Bellevue, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 23
• Mount Si at Mercer Island, 7 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 26
• Mount Si at Liberty, 7 p.m.