Never stopping: Chris Cole on Cedarcrest's new soccer season
March 15, 2013 · 4:48 PM
Life is all about soccer for Cedarcrest junior and soccer team co-captain Chris Cole. Sure, he's played basketball, too, but that phase is over for him.
"I'm done with basketball, so I can focus on soccer," says the mid-fielder and forward, who's played soccer since he was 4 years old, and hopes to play in college.
"It was just one of those things. I started playing with the ball and never stopped."
Cole is looking forward to a non-stop season, too, with such goals as staying undefeated at home, and winning first place in the conference, plus, of course, going to the state championship. They're not really his goals, though.
"It's really more of a team thing with me. I'd like my team to go as far as we can," he says.
With a roster of not quite 20 experienced upperclassmen, they all stand a pretty good chance.
Cedarcrest boys soccer schedule
Wednesday, March 13
• Cedarcrest at Highline, 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, March 19
• Cedarcrest hosts Coupeville, 6 p.m.
Friday, March 22
• Cedarcrest at South Whidbey, 6 p.m.
Tuesday, March 26
• Cedarcrest hosts Sultan, 6 p.m.
Thursday, March 28
• Cedarcrest at Archbishop Murphy, 6 p.m.
Tuesday, April 2
• Cedarcrest hosts Granite Falls, 6 p.m.
Friday, April 5
• Cedarcrest at Kings, 7 p.m.
Monday, April 8
• Cedarcrest hosts Lakewood, 6 p.m.
Wednesday, April 10
• Cedarcrest at Coupeville, 6 p.m.
Friday, April 12
• Cedarcrest hosts South Whidbey, 6 p.m.
Tuesday, April 16
• Cedarcrest at Sultan, 7 p.m.
Friday, April 19
• Cedarcrest hosts Archbishop Murphy, 6 p.m.
Monday, April 22
• Cedarcrest at Granite Falls, 5 p.m.
Wednesday, April 24
• Cedarcrest hosts Kings, 6 p.m.
Friday, April 26
• Cedarcrest at Lakewood, 7 p.m.