Home

Snoqualmie Valley Record

Back

Woman chokes on a carrot, firefighters and hospital staff save the day

March 24, 2014 · 9:56 AM
Comments

On Thursday, March 13, I called 911. There was a large piece of carrot stuck in my throat from a smoothie I made at home.

Within a few short minutes there was a huge fire truck and a SUV in my driveway. There was a wonderful fireman/medic in the big truck and the fire chief in the SUV.  The fire chief drive me to Snoqualmie hospital, while I was gagging all the while he was cheering me up by saying what a beautiful, sunny day it was.

When I got to the hospital, there was a staff of about six people ready and waiting to assist me. They were totally efficient, caring and kind. Just before the doctor was ready to put a tube down my throat my body ejected the carrot and all was well—it was a miracle. The staff and the EMT clapped in jubilation. I will never forget the look on his face of triumph. We raised our hands in the air in total thanksgiving! I will be forever grateful for each and every person that gave me encouragement and such great care and to the creator for healing me so quickly.

Vicki Rinehart

Snoqualmie

 

Commenting Rules

© Sound Publishing, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Our Titles | Work With Us