- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Woman chokes on a carrot, firefighters and hospital staff save the day
On Thursday, March 13, I called 911. There was a large piece of carrot stuck in my throat from a smoothie I made at home.
Within a few short minutes there was a huge fire truck and a SUV in my driveway. There was a wonderful fireman/medic in the big truck and the fire chief in the SUV. The fire chief drive me to Snoqualmie hospital, while I was gagging all the while he was cheering me up by saying what a beautiful, sunny day it was.
When I got to the hospital, there was a staff of about six people ready and waiting to assist me. They were totally efficient, caring and kind. Just before the doctor was ready to put a tube down my throat my body ejected the carrot and all was well—it was a miracle. The staff and the EMT clapped in jubilation. I will never forget the look on his face of triumph. We raised our hands in the air in total thanksgiving! I will be forever grateful for each and every person that gave me encouragement and such great care and to the creator for healing me so quickly.