- About Us
Fall City Elementary needs your help
Fall City Elementary School was very fortunate to have purchased an 8-by-20 foot weatherproof container this year. The container is used to keep very important emergency supplies in.
Last school year, we had a natural disaster. The earthquake of 2001 was a learning experience and fortunately, it wasn't bad enough to keep the children and the families in our community at our school. In case of a natural disaster, Fall City Elementary School would be a place where we can keep our children and community sheltered, fed and medically catered to, if need be. At this time, we need several supplies to have our container equipped sufficiently to serve all of our neighbors. The list is quite long, but everything we've included is a necessity.
* Four industrial-size can openers
* Eight Coleman battery-operated lanterns
* One crowbar
* 20 pairs of heavy work gloves (10-pairs size medium, and 10-pairs size large)
* Four fire extinguishers
* Five mini sledgehammers
* Two two-room tents
* 50 large, heavy tarps
* Two knives (such as big, heavy Swiss Army knives)
* 25 rolls of duct tape
* Batteries (size D)
* Eight large boxes of waterproof matches
* Six flint starters
* 10 hard, plastic pails
* Two hand saws
* One complete set of screwdrivers (regular and Phillips)
* One heavy-duty digging shovel
* Two cases of toilet paper
* Two transistor radios (heavy-duty AM/FM battery-operated)
* Two pairs of wire cutters
* Five soup ladles
* Five large serving spoons
* Any monetary gifts appreciated
If you're a member of the community or a business owner who would like to help the children and families of Fall City in making sure that we have everything needed in case of an emergency, we would graciously accept anything that you could donate. We are also accepting monetary gifts so that we can purchase items needed that aren't donated. Please bring your donations in by Friday, Jan. 11. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Nora at (425) 222-3740, or drop off your donations at Fall City Elementary, 33314 S.E. 42nd Pl. in Fall City. Our phone number is (425) 831-4000.
You're a very kind and generous community! Thank you for all of your support. We appreciate you!
Fall City Elementary School PTSA