SnoValley Tilth’s Table to Farm Summer Dinners, hosted on member farms with volunteer chefs, benefit the work SnoValley Tilth.
SnoValley Tilth will host one farm dinner in 2018: Saturday, Aug. 18, 4-8 p.m. at the Stuart Landing farm-incubation site, the Experience Farming Project in Carnation. Executive Chef Adam Stevenson of Copperleaf Restaurant will be creating the meal and it will feature locally-made wine pairings from Convergence Zone Cellars in North Bend. Tickets, $125, are on sale now.
The evening starts off with appetizers and wine at the 4 p.m. garden reception with a little live music and an opportunity to mingle with the farmers and dinner companions. A walking tour of the farm and a short conversation about local farming, food, and farmers’ markets in the valley will follow shortly after. Visitors can about the experiences of the new farmers in the incubation program, including Hearth Farm, Dancing Crow Farm, and several others
The meal, crafted by master Chef Adam Stevenson, will be served at family-style tables. Washington wines from Convergence Zone Cellars in North Bend will be paired with the delicious meal courses, and fresh coffee from Anchorhead’s local roasters will help polish off the meal around 8 p.m.
August 2018 Menu:
- Heirloom cherry tomato tart: pickled baby eggplant, basil mousse
- Dungeness crab and watermelon canape
- Pleasant view farms foie gras: plum compote, cantaloupe tartare
- Heirloom tomato salad: compressed cucumber, pine nuts, chamomile vinaigrette, sour dough crisp
- Anson mills corn grits: foraged mushroom ragu, roasted spring onion, arugula pesto, goat cheese
- Pacific Northwest lamb loin: castelvetrano olives, organic spring carrots, currant-cocoa nib sauce
- Triple chocolate espresso bars: brandied Yakima dark cherries, Theo’s Chocolate ganache, milk and caraway sable