Snoqualmie-North Bend Police Dept.
Monday, Sept. 12
Suspicious: At 6:08 p.m., police were called to report two naked people in a vehicle on the 30000 block of S.E. Winery Road, Snoqualmie. Police went out to the parked vehicle and had the subjects changed back into their clothes.
Tuesday, Sept. 13
Suspicious: At 1:10 a.m., police received a report of a man with a gun on the 400 block of S.E. Orchard Drive, North Bend. Police contacted the man and found he had a concealed pistol license.
Theft: At 4:42 p.m., a bike stolen from a house on S.E. Swenson Street, Snoqualmie was reported to police. The bike was orange with an alloy frame.
Wednesday, Sept. 14
Mischief: At 10:20 a.m., police were called to a report of eggs thrown at the caller’s vehicles on Olmstead Avenue in Snoqualmie. The caller asked police for extra patrol in the area.
Welfare check: At 2:13 p.m., police were called to the 400 block of Main Avenue N. in North Bend to assist with man who had been in the restroom for 30 minutes. The officers talked to the man who said a woman had complained to him about talking to her daughter.
Thursday, Sept. 15
Suspicious: At 1:15 p.m., an officer contacted two subjects on the 200 block of Bendigo Boulevard S. North Bend. One of the subjects had a straw in his hand and officers suspected he would turn it into drug paraphernalia. No probable cause was established.
Friday, Sept. 16
Animal problem: At 8:45 a.m., police were called to Tannerwood Way S.E., North Bend to respond to a dog attack. The caller’s dog was attacked by another dog. The caller and his pet were fine, but officers were unable to locate the other dog. Animal control was notified.
Snoqualmie Fire Department
Thursday, Sept. 8
Alarm: At 4:48 a.m., Snoqualmie firefighters responded to the Kimball Creek Village for an automatic fire alarm. They found no sign of fire at the location but did see a construction project was ongoing in the unit that originated the alarm. The alarm had malfunctioned earlier in the week, too. They reset the alarm and left the scene.
Friday, Sept. 9
Alarm: At 10:08 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to a fire alarm sounding on Better Way at Kimball Creek Village. They determined that workers in a new office space were covering smoke detector heads, which triggered the alarm. The workers were informed that they could not cover the heads, and they must post a fire watch if the alarm is placed in test mode.
Saturday, Sept. 10
Smoke: At 6:54 p.m., Snoqualmie firefighters were dispatched to the area of S.R. 18 near the Raging River to investigate bluish smoke that was reported as coming from power lines in the area. The crew saw an area that had smoke coming from it, about half a mile away, and hiked in to look at it. They found a 3-foot by 3-foot campfire, burning near a stream, with a group of campers tending it. The fire was determined to be within the allowed limits for a recreational fire.
Monday, Sept. 12
Water problem: At 8:55 a.m., the department was dispatched to an automatic fire alarm at the Woodsman Lodge. When they arrived, they saw water shooting out from the back wall of the restaurant. Firefighters spoke with the trash collectors and determined that an outside sprinkler head was broken off by the open lid of the restaurant’s dumpster when the truck picked it up. They silenced the alarm, shut down the sprinkler and checked for water damage inside.
Oven fire: At 9:57 a.m., Snoqualmie firefighters were dispatched to an extinguished stove fire in a house on Merritt Avenue S.E. They spoke with the homeowner who said she’d started her oven’s cleaning cycle and 30 minutes later, she saw flames inside. The crew checked for fire damage around the stove, but found none.
Tuesday, Sept. 13
Bark fire: At 11:28 a.m., the department was requested to check on an extinguished bark fire at the TPC Snoqualmie Ridge Golf Course, near the clubhouse. The manager asked the department to ensure the fire was out, which they did.
Brush fire: At 1:27 p.m., Snoqualmie firefighters were dispatched to a brush fire at the intersection of S.E. Douglas and Bracken Place S.E. Construction workers draining a nearby retention pond heard the fire and called it in. The crew located a fire in the woods behind the PSE building, burning inside a rotten tree, estimated to be 30 feet tall. The fire seemed to be traveling up inside the tree and had spread to the surrounding brush and stumps. The Snoqualmie city arborist was called to cut down the tree and the Snoqualmie crew extinguished it on the ground. A Fall City Fire crew dug a fire line around the area. The Snoqualmie crew returned to the scene five hours later to be sure the fire was out and cold, with no extension. The cause of the fire is unclear; workers saw someone who was smoking a cigarette walk out of the woods about two hours before they noticed the fire.
Wednesday Sept. 14
Electrical odor: At 10:32 a.m., firefighters responded to a phoned-in report from Snoqualmie Ridge Chiropractic of an electrical odor inside the business. The caller said the odor was strongest in the front part of the office and had tripped a circuit breaker. Firefighters used thermal imaging to check for heat sources in the walls, but found none. They located the tripped breaker and determined that a hydro-massage table caused the problem, since the odor was very strong near the table. They cut the power to the table and advised the property manager to call for maintenance.
Transformer fire: At 11:13 a.m., the department responded to a report of a transformer on fire on the Snoqualmie Parkway near Center Boulevard. Just before the call, the city had experienced a power surge, followed by a power outage. The woman who called the department said she’d heard a loud bang and went outside to find heavy grey smoke coming from the transformer near her house. Firefighters blocked off the area surrounding the smoking in-ground transformer while Puget Sound Energy technicians were called. They determined there was no fire in the transformer and began working to restore power to the area.
Alarm: At 1:46 p.m., Snoqualmie firefighters responded to Isley Street, where a fire alarm was activated after the power outage. They arrived at the home, which was already evacuated, but saw no sign of fire. They assisted the homeowner in locating a faulty smoke detector and advised her to replace her smoke detectors, which were all past their useful life.
Medical aid: In addition to the above calls, Snoqualmie EMTs responded to eight medical aid incidents, bringing the total number of calls to date to 807.