Blotter: Man who slept in shower stall creates a commotion; Unruly bar patron exposes himself

  • Wednesday, February 14, 2018 12:12pm
  • News

Police and fire agencies in the Snoqualmie Valley responded to the following calls:

Snoqualmie-North Bend Police Dept.

Saturday, Feb. 3

Noise: At 10:19 p.m., a caller at SE Gravenstein Court, Snoqualmie, complained about a loud party at the nearby community center, with bout 20 to 30 adults who had been drinking. An officer investigated and did not find any loud music, but advised the party guests to keep the noise down.

Shower sleeper: At 8:05 a.m., police were called to the 46000 block of SE North Bend Way for a disturbance. At the scene, an officer learned that a man had been in a shower stall for eight hours, apparently sleeping, and was now yelling and refusing to leave. He also had some sort of tools with him and was generally acting strange, the caller reported. Police removed the man from the shower and banned him from the truck stop for a year.

Tuesday, Feb. 6

Vandalism: At 2:09 p.m., police received a report of malicious mischief at Mount Si High School. They investigated and found that someone had torn the towel dispensers and hand dryers off a bathroom wall.

Wednesday, Feb. 7

Indecent exposure: At 12:10 a.m., police received a complaint from a business in the 300 block of W North Bend Way, about a man exposing himself in the business. The man left before police arrived and staff reported he had not been intoxicated but had a few light beers. Police were able to determine who the man was and cite him for the incident.

Friday, Feb. 9

Stolen vehicle: At 10:10 p.m., a caller reported the theft of his vehicle from the 7700 block of Center Boulevard, SE. Snoqualmie.

Snoqualmie Fire Department

Saturday, Feb. 3

Alarm: At 7:15 a.m., Snoqualmie firefighters responded to an activated fire alarm at The Club at Snoqualmie Ridge. They arrived and spoke with the cook, who said the fan for the pizza oven was not working and the kitchen had been filled with smoke. Firefighters assisted with smoke removal.

Help up: At 2:13 p.m., firefighters assisted a 61-year-old woman who was on the floor and needed help getting to her chair. She said she was not injured and refused further treatment.

Sunday, Feb. 4

Fire alarm: At 12:29 p.m., Snoqualmie firefighters were dispatched to a fire alarm at Mount Si High School. They determined the alarm had been triggered by a power surge due to the weather and reset the alarm.

Car fire: At 3:03 p.m., firefighters responded to a car fire on S.R. 18 at the summit. They extinguished a fully involved truck and camper fire.

Tuesday, Feb. 6

Gas leak: At 5:18 a.m., firefighters responded to a report of a gas leak. A resident of the Fall City Mobile Home Park reported smelling liquefied petroleum gas. Other eastside units also responded and arrived on scene first. The crew assisted by taking gas readings. No problems were found.

Blue smoke: At 8:04 a.m., the department received a report of blue smoke but the caller did not specify the location, other than that it was well into the area of The Club at Snoqualmie Ridge Golf Course. Firefighters drove throughout the area and found no smoke.

Medical aid: In addition, Snoqualmie EMTs responded to 13 medical aid incidents, bringing the total number of calls to date to 99.

Fall City Fire Department

Thursday, Feb. 1

Stroke: At 8:45 p.m., Fall City firefighters and EMTs were called to a private home for a man who was suffering symptoms of a stroke. The patient was also evaluated by medics from the Bellevue Fire Department and was transported to a local hospital for treatment.

Friday, Feb. 2

Fall: At 6:45 a.m., the department was called to a private home where a 70-year-old man who had fallen and suffered a hip injury. The patient’s injury was secured and he was taken to a local hospital for treatment.

Saturday, Feb. 3

Dizziness: At 6:28 p.m., firefighters and EMTs responded to a drinking establishment in Fall City for a man in his 60s who had become dizzy and lightheaded. The patient decided he was fine and didn’t want help.

Sunday, Feb. 4

Seizure: At 9:30 a.m., the crew was dispatched to a home where a man in his 30s was reported to be still groggy after a seizure. The man elected to stay home and not go to the hospital. He signed a refusal form and was left at home with family.

Monday, Feb. 5

Smoke: At 2:55 p.m., the department was called to investigate smoke under the bridge over the Raging River. A campfire had been burning but was extinguished prior to arrival of the fire engine. Firefighters ensured that the fire was completely out and would not reignite nearby vegetation.

Tuesday, Feb. 6

Gas odor: At 5:18 a.m., the Fall City Fire Department responded to the Fall City Mobile Home Park, where a resident reported smelling propane inside her home. Units from the Snoqualmie and Eastside Fire and Rescue also responded. Firefighters found the source of the odor, a propane leak, and shut off the gas line. They allowed residents to re-enter the home after it was found to be clear of gas.

Wednesday, Feb. 7

Accident: At 8:23 a.m., the department responded to the 30000 block of Issaquah Fall City Road SE after receiving a report from a resident who said they heard what sounded like an explosion and saw smoke. The fire crew arrived on scene and found a two-vehicle accident. There were no serious injuries, but one man was taken into custody by the King County Sheriff’s Office.

More in News

The Echo Glen Children’s Center holds about 135 male and female youth in residence. The youth range from age 10 to 20 and come from all throughout the state. Photo courtesy of the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services
Police catch escapees from local juvenile detention center

The escapees dashed into the surrounding wetlands and were eventually found by a security guard.

The King County Courthouse. File photo
King County Council Acknowledges Report on Juvenile Solitary Confinement

Report also says youth of color face a disproportionate amount of disciplinary measures

State Supreme Court strikes down I-27; King County will pursue safe consumption sites

State Supreme Court strikes down I-27; King County will pursue safe consumption sites

The cabin is located 8 miles up Southeast Middle Fork Road and is known within the hiking community. Photo courtesy of King County Sheriff’s Office
Man sentenced to 9 months for child porn possession

Daniel M. Wood was linked to DNA within a “fairy cabin” in the Snoqualmie National Forest.

Mary Lynn Pannen, founder and CEO of Sound Options, has consulted thousands of Washington families on geriatric care for 30 years. Photo courtesy of Sound Options.
Elder abuse cases are on the rise in Washington

Local agencies and geriatric care managers aim to increase public awareness about the epidemic.

The King County Library System Foundation is awarded a grant from Boeing

KCLSF receives an $80,000 grant from the Boeing Company

The Centralia Power Plant is a coal-burning plant owned by TransAlta which supplies 380 megawatts to Puget Sound Energy. It is located in Lewis County and slated to shut down by 2025. Aaron Kunkler/Staff Photo
National report outlines climate change’s course for the Northwest

More fires, floods and drought appear to be on their way for Washington state.

Mike Seal, left, and his son Ryan are owners of the Sigillo Cellars winery which is hoping to build a new production facility in downtown Snoqualmie. Aaron Kunkler/staff photo
Sigillo Cellars closes purchase on King Street Lot

Sigillo Cellars have purchased the vacant lot on the corner SE King Street in downtown Snoqualmie.

U-cut and pre-cut Christmas trees around the Snoqualmie Valley

As the holiday season approaches, several Snoqualmie Valley businesses are gearing up… Continue reading

Most Read