Blotter | Fall City Fire assists man who fell from roof; Unattended propane torch burns storage shed in Snoqualmie

  • Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:30am
  • News

Police and fire agencies in the Snoqualmie Valley responded to the following calls:

Fall City Fire Department

Thursday, Aug. 10

No fire: At 2 p.m., firefighters responded to a commercial fire alarm. No cause for the alarm was found and the alarm was reset.

Medical exam: At 3:22 p.m., firefighters assisted an 85-year-old woman with dementia. The patient was given an exam and left at home in her brother’s care.

Friday, Aug. 11

Emergency: At 7:59 p.m., firefighters responded to a 41-year-old man experiencing a diabetic emergency. The patient was treated and left at home in the care of a friend.

Breathing problem: At 11:32 p.m., firefighters responded to a 58-year-old woman in respiratory distress. The patient was also seen by a paramedic unit from Bellevue Fire, then treated and transported to an area hospital via the Fall City aid car.

Saturday, Aug. 12

False alarm: At 2:54 p.m., firefighters responded to an automatic fire alarm. The alarm was discovered to be false.

Weak leg: At 6:34 p.m., firefighters assisted a 79-year-old man experiencing leg weakness. He was given an exam and was transported to an area hospital via personal vehicle.

Medical aid: At 9:05 p.m., firefighters responded to a 67-year-old man reporting to be feeling general weakness. The patient was treated and transported to an area hospital via the Fall City aid car.

Sunday, Aug. 13

Fall: At 10:19 a.m., firefighters responded to a 44-year-old man who fell from a roof. The patient was treated and transported to an area hospital via the Fall City aid car.

Medical aid: At 11:04 p.m., firefighters responded to a 69-year-old man in need of assistance. The patient was treated and transported to an area hospital via the Fall City aid car.

Tuesday, Aug. 15

Fall: At 1:20 a.m., firefighters responded to a 76-year-old woman who fell. The patient was treated and transported to a local hospital via the Fall City aid car.

Wednesday, Aug. 16

Brush fire: At 6:26 p.m., firefighters responded to a brush fire. The fire was extinguished.

Car trouble: At 10 p.m., firefighters responded to a car in the ditch. The Highway Patrol requested assistance in securing the vehicle. There were no injuries.

Medical help: At 12:09 a.m., firefighters assisted a 69-year-old man with general weakness. The patient was treated and transported to an area hospital via the Fall City aid car.

Snoqualmie Fire Dept.

Friday, Aug. 11

Shed fire: At 4:36 p.m., Snoqualmie firefighters dispatched to a storage shed on fire. A neighbor reported smoke, but stated that the owner had extinguished the fire. Firefighters confirmed the fire was out. A propane torch was the ignition source; the torch burned through a wooden shelf above it and spread to the back wall, roof and rest of the shelving. The owner reported leaving the torch that morning, but it was out. Firefighters advised owner to lock the shed and to not leave lighters in the open.

Saturday, Aug. 12

Medical aid: At 1:04 p.m., Snoqualmie responded to report of an approximate 80-year-old man experiencing cardiac issues at the Snoqualmie Falls upper parking lot. Assisted other medical unit with patient care and loading for transport to an area hospital.

Illegal burn: At 10:26 p.m., firefighters responded to Newton Street for an illegal burn. Two juveniles had a campfire under a tree and near combustibles. Firefighters arrived and educated them about the dangers of having a fire so near other combustibles, homes, fences etc. and reminded them there is a burn ban in effect due to the very dry, drought-type weather. They then extinguished the fire.

Sunday, Aug. 13

Smoke alarm: At 6:27 p.m., firefighters responded to a residence whose smoke detectors were going off due to burnt food. Crews unplugged every detector in the house to silence them, and told the homeowner to replug them all in after an hour, or to replace them.

Tuesday, Aug. 15

Vehicle fire: At 5:38 p.m., firefighters responded to a reported vehicle fire on SE Jacobia Street. The crew arrived to find the vehicle owner had put out the fire. He stated that the vehicle was running fine, but suddenly spiked in temperature. He pulled over to examine the problem and found a small fire near the exhaust manifold, which he extinguished with water and a small extinguisher from a passerby. There was no other visible fire. Firefighters left the owner at the scene waiting for a tow.

Brush fire: At 6:26 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to a brush fire on SE North Fork Road. The fire was reported moving at moderate speed, and was beginning to work its way toward the hillside that has heavy brush and a stand of timber on the far side. Firefighters arrived to find a grass and heavy brush fire with three-foot flames, making a run uphill towards a stand of timber. In conjunction with other units, the fire was confined to approximately one acre and surrounded with a wet line and foam application; the site was turned over to Department of Natural Resources firefighters for final mop-up and investigation.

Wednesday, Aug. 16

Fire alarm: At 6:05 p.m., Snoqualmie firefighters were called to a private home for a fire alarm. They arrived to find no sign of fire from the exterior. The occupant said he’d been cooking and something had fallen onto the burner inside the oven, causing smoke throughout the house. The occupant began the air-out process while the fire department was responding. No signs of fire, and the alarm was reset on its own.

False alarm: At 6:44 p.m., Snoqualmie firefighters were dispatched to a private home for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived to find no signs of fire from the exterior of a residence. The homeowner said that her daughter lived there with her grandson, and they were gone to an event. Firefighters checked the inside of the house and found no signs of fire or an alarm activating.

HVAC issue: At 9:16 p.m., Snoqualmie firefighters responded to the The Club at Snoqualmie Ridge clubhouse for a report of smoke and a strong electrical odor inside of a banquet room. Firefighters arrived to find no signs of smoke or fire from the exterior, and no alarms. The building was occupied. They observed light smoke at the ceiling level inside the room, but no obvious electrical issues. They determined there was no active fire, but investigated further and found that the problem might be in the HVAC system. They advised staff to call for a technician.

Medical aid: In addition to the above calls, Snoqualmie EMTs responded to 17 medical aid incidents bringing the total number of calls to date to 692.

More in News

Metro revises timeline for RapidRide bus expansion

After originally aiming to build 20 additional fast-service bus lines on high demand routes by 2040, King County Metro has changed its construction timelines and put 13 of those projects on hold.

Snoqualmie Valley Hospital CEO resigns; recommends interim CEO

Snoqualmie Valley Hospital CEO Tom Parker announced his resignation and recommended an interim CEO.

Where to pick up a pumpkin this October

The Eastside has a few options for seasonal squash hunters.

Valley cities offer resources to prepare for possible flooding this winter | Winter Ready

Keep up to date on the flooding preparation resources available to residents.

Two Eastside killers see sentences changed

Death penalty ruled unconstitutional, death row sentences changed to life without parole

Rape allegation against Sen. Joe Fain divides King County Council

In a recent interview, Councilmember Kathy Lambert blamed Fain’s accuser for the alleged rape. Then Lambert’s colleagues distanced themselves from her comments.

Paul Allen, shown in 2015. Courtesy of the Herald
Paul Allen dead at 65

Microsoft co-founder, developer, and philanthropist struggled with cancer for decades

Snoqualmie City Council talks visitor center and utilities savings

Snoqualmie City Council discusses visitor center fundign and bond savings at the Oct. 8 meeting.

Two women killed in King County’s latest DUI fatality

The Kent women were heading to work in Snoqualmie when an impaired driver crossed the centerline.

Most Read