Snoqualmie Fire Department
Thursday, March 9
False alarm: At 9:36 p.m., Snoqualmie firefighters responded to Finaghty’s Pub on Center Boulevard, for an automatic fire alarm that was caused by burned food in the oven. When the crew arrived, they found all occupants had evacuated the bar. They investigated and confirmed there was no fire; however, they could not find a key to the electrical panel, to reset the alarm. Firefighters forced entry into the locked room and notified staff that they had done so, asking them to notify the owner. There was no other damage to the building.
Monday, March 13
False alarm: At 11:02 a.m., Snoqualmie firefighters were dispatched to Timber Ridge Elementary School for a fire alarm, apparently set off by a student as a prank at the entryway pull station. The school principal asked firefighters to speak to the student to reinforce the adverse possible effects on others of a malicious pull of the fire alarm.
Carbon Monoxide: At 9:54 p.m., Snoqualmie firefighters responded to SE Palmeter Lane for a carbon-monoxide alarm. A neighbor met the crew when they arrived and said the residents were having their hardwood floors done. The neighbor contacted the homeowner, who would not authorize the firefighters to remove the batteries from the carbon monoxide detectors. The crew silenced the alarm and ventilated the house, waiting for the homeowner to arrive, to open the house and disconnect the batteries. Firefighters advised him to keep both doors shut to the garage, where the gas furnace and water heater were located. They then scanned the home with a five-gas monitor and found no problems, so left the scene.
Tuesday, March 14
False alarm: At 6:03 p.m., Snoqualmie firefighters responded to 436th Avenue SE for a report of a fire alarm activation at Cascade Covenant Church. The alarm was false, set off by burned food in the oven.
Smoke: At 9:37 p.m., Snoqualmie firefighters responded to 457th Avenue SE for a report of smoke or haze in the area. The crew arrived and saw no fire but smelled smoke, possibly like the odor of burning garbage. They checked the area, but it was dark, raining and foggy and nothing was found.
Wednesday, March 15
Electrical fire: At 1:09 p.m., Snoqualmie firefighters responded to the Snoqualmie Valley School District bus garage parking lot for a report of a parked bus on fire. The crew arrived to find the fire out but smoldering in an electric panel near the engine and beside the driver’s door area. School district staff on site extinguished the fire and disconnected the bus battery before the crew arrived. No one was on board at the time of the fire. The crew investigated and found smoldering wires, which they removed from the circuit. They also spoke with supervisor on site to confirm no injuries.
False alarm: At 3:19 p.m., Snoqualmie firefighters responded to the Puget Sound Energy lower power house at Snoqualmie Falls for an automatic fire alarm. Upon arrival, the company’s maintenance crew was on site and said the system was malfunctioning. They had searched and found no water flow or problem.
Medical aid: In addition to the above calls, Snoqualmie EMTs responded to nine medical aid incidents, bringing the total number of calls to date to 227.