News

Man burned in garage fire

A structure fire on Saturday, Feb. 28, sent a 25-year-old man to the hospital with second and third degree burns covering 20 to 30 percent of his body, according to the Fall City Fire District.

The Fall City resident was working inside a garage facility in the 5300 block of 347th Place Southeast near Fall City, when cleaning solvent ignited. The victim’s father, who was working outside, reported hearing a “boom” and a yell for help, said Fall City Fire Chief Chris Connor.

The father told authorities he found his son engulfed in flames, which he put out with a fire extinguisher, said Connor.

The victim was transported to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. No update was available on the victim’s condition.

Responding fire units quickly controlled the fire in the building, which was an uninsured loss, Connor said.

Units and 23 personnel from Fall City, Snoqualmie, Bellevue and Eastside Fire and Rescue responded to the blaze. The cause has been ruled an accident.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Nov 19
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.