Fire destroys North Bend mobile home

The home of longtime North Bend residents Rob and LeAnn Walker was gutted by fire the night of Jan. 24. Everybody in the mobile home, including all four children - ages 2, 5, 16 and 18 - were safely evacuated.

The fire likely was caused by an electrical problem in the dryer, according to Eastside Fire and Rescue.

A family spokesperson said they are very thankful for the help provided by firefighters and neighbors.

The LeAnn Walker Fire Contribution Fund was set up at Bank of America; contributions may be made at any branch.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Oct 19
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.