Fire burns home on Wilderness Rim
October 2, 2008 · Updated 3:44 PM
A residence at Wilderness Rim was gutted by fire late Thursday, Dec. 20.
Firefighters with East-side Fire and Rescue, Snoqualmie, Fall City and Bellevue fire departments responded to the fire, which was reported at 10:30 p.m. in the 11700 block of Cedar Falls Road Southeast, near North Bend.
Originally reported by a passerby, the house was occupied at the time of the fire by the adult daughter of the owner. Neighbors were able to enter the home, wake her up and help her out of the house.
As firefighters arrived at the scene, they saw smoke and flames from the front windows, with about half the house already on fire.
Firefighters also heard loud popping sounds from within.
"On their radio reports you could hear the explosions," said EFR Battalion Chief Greg Tryon. "We believe there were both oxygen and propane canisters inside the residence."
For the complete story, subscribe to the Valley Record, (425) 888-2311