- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Golfing greats will take part in Merrill Lynch Invitational
Newly crowned U.S. Open champion Juli Inkster will join Jack Nicklaus, Nancy Lopez and John Daly as part of the 2002 Merrill Lynch Invitational (MLI) to be held at TPC Snoqualmie Ridge in Snoqualmie, July 28-30.
Nicklaus, Lopez, Inkster and Daly will participate in a wide range of activities that include a charity skins match benefiting Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center; the Northwest Suites Women's Corporate Clinic; a rare appearance by both Nicklaus and legendary golf instructor Jim Flick of the Nicklaus/Flick Golf Academy; and a long-drive exhibition by Daly. In addition, this year's MLI will feature the just-retired Lopez in her final formal Northwest golf appearance.
Tickets (golf events only) grant bearers admission to three days of festivities to be held July 28-30. Tickets for the golf portion of the event are available through Ticketmaster and the tournament Web site at mlisw.com, and can be purchased with a credit card.
Tickets for the gala can be purchased via the MLI Web site only. Seats are still available for the dinner and auction. Also featured will be the prestigious Merrill Lynch Invitational Shootout and the Mercedes-Benz Pro-Am tournament.
Ticket prices are $10 for adults, $7 for seniors (55 and up) and $5 for juniors (17 and under). VIP tickets are available exclusively through the Web site for $100 (limited availability). General admission tickets for golf are also on sale at TPC Snoqualmie Ridge and at all Merrill Lynch branch offices.
The schedule of events is as follows:
Sunday, July 28
* 9 a.m. - Merrill Lynch Celebrity Shootout, TPC Snoqualmie Ridge.
* 5 p.m. - John L. Scott Gala Dinner and Auction featuring Vince Gill and Lou Piniella, Paramount Theater, Seattle.
Monday, July 29
* 7 a.m. - Mercedes-Benz Pro-Am, first shotgun start, TPC Snoqualmie Ridge.
* 11 a.m. - Lunch.
* 1 p.m. - Mercedes-Benz Pro-Am, second shotgun start, TPC Snoqualmie Ridge.
7 p.m. - Awards banquet.
Tuesday, July 30
* 9 a.m. - Junior Clinic.
* 10 a.m. - Instructional clinic featuring celebrity hosts (open to the public).
* Noon - Charity Skins Match, amateurs and celebrity guest hosts.
* 3 p.m. - Charity Skins Match, celebrity guest hosts only.
For additional information, contact Tournament Chairman Dale Eldredge at (253) 265-8932.