Ridge's second phase to start later than expected
October 2, 2008 · Updated 12:33 PM
SNOQUALMIE - The second phase of the Snoqualmie Ridge development (SRII), expected to receive city approval this summer with construction slated for the fall, will not break ground until 2004 with no new lot sales expected until late 2005.
The city of Snoqualmie's staff recommendations for the 736-acre development to the west and south of the current Snoqualmie Ridge were released in July and are still being discussed by the city's Planning Commission and Parks Board. Those committees will continue to study the staff's recommendations with the hope of presenting it to the City Council next month for approval of the developments design plan in January of 2004.
Snoqualmie Ridge Vice President and General Manager David Dorothy said that if the January deadline is met, the project's developer, Quadrant Corp., could break ground next April.
The date for approval of the project from the City Council was pushed back from earlier this summer and then October.
"There are a number of topics where ... Quadrant does not agree with the conditions that [city of Snoqualmie] staff has recommended," said Snoqualmie Director of Planning Nancy Tucker. "Those are the topics that are being discussed at length and argued on both sides."
Among the issues up for discussion is who should pay for certain parks proposed in the project, Tucker said.
For the complete story, pick up a copy of this week's Valley Record