Lodge at pass evacuated
October 2, 2008 · Updated 12:14 PM
SNOQUALMIE PASS - A propane tank leak caused the evacuation of at least 100 people from the lodge at The Summit at Snoqualmie Feb. 8.
Skiers and employees were evacuated at about 4 p.m. after a security guard noticed flames coming from a 6,500-gallon propane tank. No injuries were reported but officials were forced to evacuate a half-mile area around the tank.
Firefighters from Eastside Fire and Rescue stabilized the blaze.
Officials are still unclear as to what caused the blaze but have speculated that the weight of snow may have caused the tank to break.