- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Helping Katrina victims locally
* ACE Hardware in North Bend, 330 Main Ave. S., will have all of its donations to the American Red Cross matched by one of its suppliers, Land-O-Lakes/Purina. Donations must be checks written to ACE and dropped off by Sunday, Oct. 25.
* The Mount Si Lutheran Church's Sunday school and youth group will be holding a fund-raiser to help people who have lost their homes in the Gulf Coast due to Hurricane Katrina. Daffodil bulbs will be sold outside of the North Bend QFC on Saturday, Sept. 23, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The youth group will also be selling bulbs after each service on Sunday, Sept. 25, at Mount Si Lutheran Church. Proceeds from these sales will benefit Habitat for Humanity. Mount Si Lutheran Church is located at on the corner of Eighth and Ogle in North Bend. Call (425) 888-1322 for information.
* On Wednesday, Oct. 5, restaurants across the country will band together in a "Dine for America" day, a national fund raising effort to support the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund and help those affected by Hurricane Katrina. Locally, Mike's Cascade Grill, 7727 Center Blvd., Snoqualmie, will donate 100 percent of its profits toward the American Red Cross. For more information, visit www.cascadegrill.com.
* North Bend Elementary School PTSA is collecting money for the American Red Cross at the school in an aquarium.
* Friends of the Gulf Coast is a group started by Snoqualmie residents Jan and Mark Calvert. Donations can be sent to:
Friends of the Gulf Coast
7322 S.E. Curtis Dr.
Snoqualmie, WA 98065
Contact editor Ben Cape at the Valley Record about future or ongoing fund raisers at (425) 888-2311 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.