Fall City on hunt for winning logo
October 2, 2008 · Updated 10:28 AM
Because the town of Fall City does not currently have a logo to use on official documents, marketing materials, Web pages, signs, business cards, etc., the Fall City Community Association (FCCA) decided to involve residents in the process of developing a logo that represents the community by having a logo design contest. The contest runs from now until May 31.
The FCCA chose "Small Town Charm," "Arts, Culture and Heritage," "Family-Friendly" and "Natural Environment" as the words/phrases that describe the community of Fall City. Logos should incorporate, either explicitly or implicitly, this information. If you choose to explicitly use the listed words or phrases, please limit your selection to three or less.
* The contest is open to all individuals.
* All submittals must be in hard copy. Only one copy is required.
* No more than five submittals may be made by a contestant.
* Each design must be submitted separately.
* Design size shall be a minimum of 4-by-5 inches and a maximum of 8-by-11 inches.
* All submittals shall be on 8-by-11-inch paper.
* Each design must be accompanied by a narrative (maximum one page, 12-point font) explaining the story behind the logo design.
* A design may be in color or black and white; if color, it must be able to be photocopied in black and white without losing design and/or detail.
* The design should include the words "Fall City" around and/or adjacent to the logo and in a complementary font.
* Designs should be distinctive when reduced to letterhead size.
* Artwork may be done in any of the following media: pen and ink, printmaking, acrylic or computer graphics.
Submittals must be made by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 31.
Submittals should be mailed to Kevin and Laurie Hauglie - Fall City Logo Design Contest, P.O. Box 5, Fall City, WA 98024 or delivered to Farmers Insurance Group, 33410 S.E. Redmond-Fall City Road, Fall City, WA 98024.
E-mailed submittals will not be accepted. The submittal needs to include the artist's name, address, phone number and e-mail address. All submittals shall become the property of the FCCA.
The grand-prize winner of the contest will receive $250. In addition, two $50 gift certificate runner-up prizes will be presented. The winning logo submittals will be on display at the FCCA booth at this year's Fall City Days. Final judging will be done by the FCCA Logo Contest Committee. All prizes will be awarded at Fall City Days on Saturday, June 17.
For more information, contact Nancy White at (425) 222-4895 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.