- About Us
Annual kid's fishing derby set for May
Mount Si Fish and Game Club will be holding its annual Kid's Trout Derby on May 6th, beginning at daylight. Weighing starts at 10 a.m.
The event will be held at the trout ponds behind the Snoqualmie Department of Public Safety Police Division buildings at 34825 S.E. Douglas St. in Snoqualmie
Any youth past their sixth birthday and under 15 years of age may compete. Younger children are welcome to fish but cannot participate in the competition. No registration is necessary. The following derby rules applys:
* All trout must be caught in the designated ponds at the police department;
* Fish must be neatly cleaned and gills removed before being entered;
* Size of trout is determined by weight only;
* Only the largest fish from each catch will be entered; Bring the whole catch. The limit for juvenile waters is two fish.
* Four prizes will be awarded in each age group, 6 to 14. There will be 36 prizes. Judges' decisions are final.
* In the event of a tie, the first fish entered at that weight will win.
* Contestants must do their own fishing. However, fisherman may have help baiting the hook, taking trout off the hook, untangling tackle, etc. In no case can anyone but the fisherman touch the rod, reel or line while a fish is being hooked or landed.
* Anyone caught breaking the fishing laws or conduct ing themselves in an unsportsman-like manner will be barred from the contest.
* No fishing nets are to be used.
The Mount Si Fish and Game Club accepts no responsibility for the safety of the contests. Dogs are to be left at home and property should be respected, trash picked up and parking policies followed. Parents are urged to accompany children. Hot chocolate and doughnuts will be provided to the contestants.