- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Wilderness Rim man rescued from roof
Firefighters rescued the occupant of a Wilderness Rim home from his roof early Tuesday, March 25, after he attempted to fight the spread of a chimney fire with a garden hose.
The fire was reported at 6:12 a.m. at the 16800 block of 426th Place Southeast. Residents evacuated the house, while trying to control it with the hose.
When firefighters arrived at the scene, smoke and flames were coming from the chimney chase and the roof of the house. They rescued the man on the roof, and the rest of the family was safely evacuated. Firefighters extinguished the fire by working from inside and outside the house.
An investigation by the King County Fire Marshal's Office is underway. No injuries were reported, but damage from the blaze was initially estimated at $100,000.
Eastside Fire and Rescue responded 11 months ago to a report of a possible chimney fire at the same address. Overhaul of the fire was hampered by possible asbestos in the building, according to reports.