NB residents owed rebates

The IRS estimates that 191 North Bend residents have not filed for their economic stimulus payments.

The tax rebate pays up to $600 ($1,200 for married couples filing joint returns), plus $300 for eligible children younger than 17 years. For those who have no tax liability or no tax filing requirement, there is a minimum payment of $300 ($600 for married couples), plus $300 for each qualifying child, for those who file a 2007 tax return.

To get their payment, residents must file a 2007 tax return. In many instances, people who have no regular filing requirement do not realize that they are entitled to these payments. Individuals can get face to face, online or telephone tax assistance. To find a tax assistance center near North Bend, visit,,id=98343,00.html. For telephone assistance, call 1 (800) 829-1040. For more help, call the IRS at 1 (800) 829-4933, or visit the IRS Web site at

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Oct 19
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.