News

Propane leak blows door out

Eastside Fire and Rescue responded to a propane explosion around 11 a.m. Monday, Aug. 18 at a fifth wheel trailer at the 300 block of Bendigo Boulevard. in North Bend. Fire Marshal Tim Pilling said that the explosion happened after a resident tried to cook a meal on a stove that was leaking propane. The ensuing boom cause minor injuries to the occupant, and blew the door and a window out. Pilling advises residents to turn off the gas if they smell propane, and let it dissipate. - Jim McKiernan / Snoqualmie Valley Record
Eastside Fire and Rescue responded to a propane explosion around 11 a.m. Monday, Aug. 18 at a fifth wheel trailer at the 300 block of Bendigo Boulevard. in North Bend. Fire Marshal Tim Pilling said that the explosion happened after a resident tried to cook a meal on a stove that was leaking propane. The ensuing boom cause minor injuries to the occupant, and blew the door and a window out. Pilling advises residents to turn off the gas if they smell propane, and let it dissipate.
— image credit: Jim McKiernan / Snoqualmie Valley Record

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 15 edition online now. Browse the archives.