Snoqualmie residents missed tax rebates

The Internal Revenue Service is looking for 77 Snoqualmie residents, with the intention of giving them money.

Some 77 residents have not yet received their Economic Stimulus Payments this year, the IRS recently reported to the city of Snoqualmie.

The tax rebate pays up to $600 ($1,200 for married couples filing joint returns), plus $300 for eligible children under 17 . For those who have no tax liability or no tax filing requirement, there is a minimum payment of $300 ($600 for married couples), plus $300 for each qualifying child, for those who file a 2007 tax return.

To get their payment, residents must file a 2007 tax return. In many instances, people who have no regular filing requirement do not realize that they are entitled to these payments. These individuals may fall into many different categories of citizens who do not normally file a tax return.

For more information, call the IRS at 1-800-829-4933 (1-800-829-4059 TDD) or visit the IRS Web site at

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Oct 19
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.