- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Full schedule for Carnation Fourth of July celebration
Two days of events and entertainment at Carnation’s Fourth of July celebration include:
Thursday, July 3
• 5 to 7 p.m., Sno-Valley Senior Center’s benefit Spaghetti Dinner at the center, downtown Carnation
Friday, July 4
• 7 a.m., registration begins for 5K Run for the Pies; the run starts and finishes at the corner of Tolt Avenue and Commercial Street
• 8 to 11 a.m., Pancake Breakfast at the Tolt Congregational Church.
• 8:30 a.m., 5K Run for the Pies starts at the corner of Tolt Avenue and Commercial Street, next to Hopelink. The race finishes at the same location.
• 10:30 a.m., Children’s Parade begins on Main Street.
• 10:45 a.m., welcome address from the mayor at the Parade Stage, downtown.
• 10:45 a.m., flag raising at Tolt Commons Park, downtown.
• 10:45 a.m., Mikaela Ballard sings the national anthem at Tolt Commons Park, downtown.
• 11 a.m., Grand Parade begins on Tolt Avenue, downtown. Parade entrants can sign in at the corner of Morrison Street and Tolt Avenue.
After the parade
Post-parade, events get started downtown:
• Just Moo It! 3-on-3 basketball tournament is held at a new location, the former Bank of America parking lot.
• American Legion Post Open House at Tolt Commons Park.
• West Coast Country Heat Dancers perform at the Parade Stage, downtown.
• All day, Vendor Village food, toys and gift for sale at Tolt Commons Park.
• All day, bouncy toys for children at Tolt Commons Park.
• 1 p.m., Eastside Improv performs at the Tolt shelter area.
• 2 p.m., The Bubble Man performs at Tolt shelter area.
Find free entertainment at the Fireworks Stage Friday afternoon at Tolt-MacDonald Park. Parking is available at the park for $5. The fee helps support the celebration and the park.
• 2 p.m., Redwing Blackbirds perform indie rock, blues rock and rock-n-roll.
• 3 p.m. to dusk, bouncy toys for children at Tolt-MacDonald Park.
• 3 to 10:30 p.m., beer garden, proceeds benefits the Carnation Fourth of July Committee
• 3 p.m., Cascade Community Theatre presents “Shrew’d”
• 4 p.m., singer-songwriter Jeff Zuber plays.
• 5 p.m., XD 7 performs jazz-rock fusion tunes.
• 6 p.m., Jack Ballard Band plays blues, rock and country
• 7 p.m., Late Boomers play soft rock, country and latin jazz
• 8 p.m. to dusk, Redline plays classic and modern rock and roll
• 10 p.m., Camerata CHS Women’s Vocal group sings the national anthem
Keep Carnation beautiful
The folks behind the celebration ask visitors to keep their viewing area at the park clean. If you pack it in, please pack it out and use the waste cans provided.
Guests are advised to stay out of the fireworks fall zone which will be set-up around the launch site. The area to avoid is just north of Tolt McDonald Park. Reminder: The discharge of personal fireworks, except sparklers, is prohibited in city limits.