- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
One-hour rock blasting closures planned next week on Snoqualmie Pass; construction delays near North Bend
Drivers planning a trip on Interstate 90 over Snoqualmie Pass need to plan for an hour of added travel time next week due to closures for rock blasting.
The Washington State Department of Transportation and contractor crews plan to close I-90 in both directions from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. each night, Monday, Sept. 9, through Thursday, Sept. 12.
The pass will be closed eastbound at Gold Creek (milepost 56) and westbound at Price Creek (milepost 61). Drivers are encouraged to use exits before the closure points to access services.
Drivers will also experience delays due to multiple construction zones from North Bend to Ellensburg Monday through Friday during the day and at night. Drivers are encouraged to use the tools WSDOT provides to plan their trips over I-90:
- Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects, traffic impacts, travel graphs and to sign up for email updates
- Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras
- Check the weekly Construction Updates Web page and Traffic Web page for region-wide updates
- Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
- Follow us on Twitter @snoqualmiepass
- Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511