- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Closure this week on Snoqualmie Pass | WSDOT
Drivers need to be prepared for nightly closures on Interstate 90 over Snoqualmie Pass next week for rock blasting. Longer closures of two or more hours are planned for Monday and Tuesday. One hour closures planned for Wednesday and Thursday.
The Washington State Department of Transportation and contractor crews will close I-90 in both directions starting at 7 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 12 and Tuesday, Aug. 14 from eastbound at Gold Creek (milepost 56) and westbound at Price Creek (milepost 61) and Easton (71). A reopening time depends on the amount of debris that comes down and damage to the roadway. Drivers are encouraged to use exits before the closure points to access services. During the closures there are no services eastbound past milepost 53 and westbound past milepost 70.
One Wednesday, Aug. 14 and Thursday, Aug.15, the rock blasting closures are expected to be an hour. The pass will close in both directions from 7 to 8 p.m. both nights eastbound at Gold Creek (milepost 56) and westbound at Price Creek (milepost 61).
Drivers will also experience delays due to multiple construction zones from North Bend to Ellensburg Monday through Friday.
WSDOT provides a variety of tools to navigate over I-90:
• Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects, traffic impacts, travel graphs and to sign up for email updates
• Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras
• Check the weekly Construction Updates Web page and Traffic Web page for region-wide updates
• Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
• Follow on Twitter @snoqualmiepass
• Take a look at what goes on during rock blasting closures
• Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511