Snoqualmie Valley Record


Fatal Snoqualmie hit-and-run case not stalled, investigators say

Snoqualmie Valley Record Editor
March 14, 2013 · 5:11 PM

Lucinda Fisher, 57, of North Bend, died as she walked on a Valley road in a hit-and-run accident early-morning New Year's Day.

By 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 2, King County sheriff's deputies located the pickup truck they believed to have hit her. In the two months since then, Fisher's killer, the person driving the pickup that struck her in the 10200 block as she walked along 394th Place near Snoqualmie, has yet to come forward, and has yet to be arrested.

For the communities of North Bend, home of the victim, and Snoqualmie, where the accident occurred, it may seem that there's been no progress on the case. Earlier this month, a Seattle-area reporter began writing about rumors that people in the community not only know who is responsible for the accident, but also are protecting that person.

Cindi West, spokeswoman for the King County sheriff's office, which is the investigating agency, has heard those rumors, too.

"We're hearing scuttlebutt in the community that, 'everyone who knows who did this, but nobody's saying anything,'" West said, in a phone call March 13.

The truth is much more encouraging.

"It's not that nobody's come forward," West said. Several people have contacted the sheriff's office with information they have related to the accident, "but some of them don't have firsthand knowledge of what they're telling us."

West would not comment on whether the investigation has centered on a suspect, or person of interest, but she said the detective in charge has been working diligently on building a case. It's slow work.

"We have to do our jobs, and do the investigation," she said. "We have to show that, if we arrest someone, that was the person behind the wheel at the time of the accident."

Locating the truck, a white 1998 Ford F-150, believed to be involved in the accident, was progress, but it wasn't proof of who was driving, she added.

The truck is going nowhere; it's being held as evidence in a sheriff's department covered impound lot.

As for the case itself, "I can tell you that the case is progressing, and I am confident that we will have a conclusion, in the not-too-distant future," said West.


Commenting Rules

© Sound Publishing, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Our Titles | Work With Us