News

Chimney blaze

Fall City firefighters extinguish a chimney fire that sparked up in a home at 334th Pl. S.E. in Fall City. Resident Charlotte Noel said she did everything to slow the blaze, and praised firefighters for their quick reaction. Besides snapping shots of the action, she sent out a reminder to residents to clean their chimneys after a long, cold winter and a prolonged burning season. “This winter’s weather was held at bay for many families by use of firewood,” Noel said. “Chimneys worked overtime to keep the comfort of warmth filling homes during those blustery cold days. This left few days, if any, to inspect chimneys and surrounding areas, which may have left blockage or damage to go unnoticed.” “Keep your family safe through the years by keeping everyone aware of dangers and have a plan,” Noel said. She urges residents to use seasoned wood, never garbage, plastic, or other items that flame quickly; install a stove pipe thermometer; and last, but not least, have chimneys inspected and cleaned on a regular basis. • The Valley Record welcomes photos from our readers. To submit a photo, e-mail editor@valleyrecord.com. Photos should be at least 180 dpi and, if possible, come in a larger file size (above 100K). Include information about where you’re from, where the photo was taken, and why it caught your eye. - Courtesy photo
Fall City firefighters extinguish a chimney fire that sparked up in a home at 334th Pl. S.E. in Fall City. Resident Charlotte Noel said she did everything to slow the blaze, and praised firefighters for their quick reaction. Besides snapping shots of the action, she sent out a reminder to residents to clean their chimneys after a long, cold winter and a prolonged burning season. “This winter’s weather was held at bay for many families by use of firewood,” Noel said. “Chimneys worked overtime to keep the comfort of warmth filling homes during those blustery cold days. This left few days, if any, to inspect chimneys and surrounding areas, which may have left blockage or damage to go unnoticed.” “Keep your family safe through the years by keeping everyone aware of dangers and have a plan,” Noel said. She urges residents to use seasoned wood, never garbage, plastic, or other items that flame quickly; install a stove pipe thermometer; and last, but not least, have chimneys inspected and cleaned on a regular basis. • The Valley Record welcomes photos from our readers. To submit a photo, e-mail editor@valleyrecord.com. Photos should be at least 180 dpi and, if possible, come in a larger file size (above 100K). Include information about where you’re from, where the photo was taken, and why it caught your eye.
— image credit: Courtesy photo

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Dec 17
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.