Snoqualmie Valley Record


Letter | Terrible fire showed how a community comes together

January 30, 2013 · 11:45 AM

On Friday night, January 26, our home of 54 years was burned to the ground by fire.

We lost everything.

My son is in Snoqualmie hospital, my brother is in Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with burns. We lost two dogs and two cats. But we are thankful. Our family was safe.

My family wishes to thank the King County Sheriff’s Department; the firemen who did their best; the volunteer fireman who helped my 76-year-old brother; who is unable to walk, from the burning house; the mayor of North Bend, who called in the fire and also purchased a pair of shoes for my wife; the American Red Cross, for their help in buying us clothing and a hotel room; the ACE Hardware people who came forward with their offers of help and of food.

I am grateful to the people who all did their best. I have lived in North Bend 55 years, and there are no words I can say. This town has been a great, helpful and caring one. Again, my family cannot say enough about the efforts to save our home.


John Perazzo, Sr., and wife Freida

North Bend


Commenting Rules

© Sound Publishing, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Our Titles | Work With Us