- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Snoqualmie bear meeting is tonight at Fire Hall
Responding to local concerns about frequent bear sightings, the Snoqualmie Police Department will host a public meeting on bear concerns tonight, Tuesday, July 17, 7 p.m., at the Snoqualmie Fire Department, 37600 S.E. Snoqualmie Parkway.
Representatives from the state Department of Fish and Wildlife and Waste Management will be there, along with Snoqualmie Police.
The meeting is open to all Snoqualmie residents.
Meeting Topics include:
• Why there is an increase in bear activity in Snoqualmie
• Safety concerns and what to do if confronted by a bear
• Black bear feeding habits
• Garbage management to minimize bear encounters
• What information residents should have when making a bear report
• How the Snoqualmie Police Department and the WDFW are working together.
To find out more about the meeting, call the Snoqualmie Police Department at (425) 888-3333.