Eight new teachers, staff join Riverview School District
August 30, 2011 · 10:00 AM
Eight new teachers and staff will be joining the Riverview School District for the coming school year, filling vacated positions. New hires include:
• Daniel Fassler—Cedarcrest High School Language Arts Teacher. Fassler holds a BA in English from Western Washington University, and has substituted and interned in the Lynden School District.
• Loren Briggs—CHS Social Studies Teacher. He holds a BS in secondary education from the University of Montana Western, and has spent six years teaching in Los Angeles, California and in Issaquah.
• Thomas Ames—Tolt Middle School Math Teacher. Ames holds a BS in secondary math education from Montana State University, and a Masters of Accountancy from Golden Gate University. He taught seventh and eighth grade math in the Northshore School District last year and has substituted in the Northshore and Riverview school districts.
• Angela Olson—Eagle Rock Multi-Age K/1 Teacher. She holds a BS from University of Phoenix and a Masters in teaching from City University. She has taught kindergarten at a private school, and was a long-term substitute teacher last year in the Eagle Rock Multi-Age Program in Riverview.
• Jane McCoy—Retire/Rehire Learning Center Humanities Teacher for CHOICE Program. McCoy holds a Masters of Education from the University of Portland and has taught high school language arts for 33 years, including six years at Cedarcrest.
• David Taylor—Retire/Rehire District Physical Therapist. Taylor holds a Masters in physical therapy from the University of Washington and has been the physical therapist in the Bremerton, Lake Washington, and Northshore School Districts, as well as two years in American Samoa and one year in Kenya.
• Donna Reier—Cherry Valley Elementary Head Secretary. Reier has been secretary for nine years at Skyline High School.
• Elizabeth Mauer – Maintenance Program Assistant. Mauer has more than 10 years experience as an executive assistant in Seattle, and lives in Carnation.