News

High school cleared after fire lit in Mount Si bathroom

Students at Mount Si High School missed an hour of class Friday morning, Nov. 12, after a fire was detected in a school restroom.

Firefighters extinguished a burning toilet paper dispenser in a second-floor bathroom in the social studies wing.

The fire was detected about 9 a.m. Friday, and the building was evacuated. No-one was hurt, and the school was cleared for re-entry, with students returning to class around 10 a.m.

Police are seeking tips to find out how the fire started. If you have information, call Snoqualmie Police at (425) 888-3333.

Community Events, April 2014

Add an Event
We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Apr 23 edition online now. Browse the archives.