- About Us
Smash and grab, tea shoplifter: Snoqualmie Valley police and fire reports
Snoqualmie Valley police and fire agencies responded to the following last week:
Tuesday, Aug. 24
Smash and grab: At 8:44 a.m., a North Bend resident walking at the Factory Stores at North Bend noticed a smashed window on the Kitchen Collection store and notified police. Someone appeared to have reached through the window to grab a boxed mixer and a display blender. Nothing else was disturbed.
Monday, Aug. 16
Stolen card, cash: At 5:16 p.m., a North Bend woman reported that her credit card and her husband's wallet were taken from their home. Both had been in and out of their home that day. When the victim went out to buy gas, she found her credit card missing. When she called the bank, she found that the card had been used at the Milk Barn and for a withdrawal of $40. Her husband said he noticed $70 missing from his wallet. There were no known suspects.
Thursday, Aug. 12
Found wallet: At 9:53 a.m., the manager of the North Bend McDonald's restaurant called to report a found wallet. Someone noticed the old leather wallet in theparking lot the day before. The owner, a Walla Walla man, told the police it must have fallen out of his pants. The wallet was turned in at the evidence room so it could be sent back to the owner.
Tuesday, Aug. 10
Shoplifting: At 7 p.m., an officer was dispatched to Yi's Market in North Bend for a shoplifting detail. An employee said that a man and woman entered the store, and the woman grabbed a can of tea from the refrigerator. They waited in line and the woman asked for a scratch ticket. The employee said they did not sell scratch tickets and they began to argue. The woman left angry with the can in her hand and without paying. The victim chased her down, but she and her companion drove off in a Silver Honda Odyssey minivan. The woman described as being in her 20s with long straight brown hair, around five feet, six inches tall, wearing jeans and a T-shirt. The officer later found out that the silver minivan was involved in a possible gas drive-off at the 76 gas station down the street. The security footage showed the same individuals who shoplifted at Yi's Market.
Snoqualmie Fire Department
Wednesday, Sept 1
Medical call: At 3:22 p.m., Snoqualmie emergency medical technicians (EMTs) were dispatched to the Snoqualmie downtown area for a medical call. One patient was evaluated and left at the scene in the care of family members.
Monday, Aug. 30
Fire alarm: At 6:15 p.m., Snoqualmie firefighters responded to Mount Si High School for an automatic fire alarm. After investigation, it was determined that it was a false alarm.
Sunday, Aug. 29
Medical call: At 2:38 a.m., Snoqualmie EMTs were dispatched to the Snoqualmie Casino for a medical call. One patient was evaluated and then transported to the hospital by a private ambulance.
Saturday, Aug. 28
Medical call: At 9:24 a.m., Snoqualmie EMTs were dispatched to the Snoqualmie Ridge area for a medical call. One patient was evaluated and left in care with family on scene.
Friday, Aug. 27
Diabetic problem: At 1:40 p.m., Snoqualmie EMTs responded to Southeast Northern Street for a 38-year-old woman with a diabetic problem. She was treated and left at the scene with her family.
Fall City Fire District
Wednesday, Aug. 25
Fire alarm: At 7:45a.m., firefighters responded to a commercial automatic fire alarm. Nothing was found and the alarm was reset.
Overdose: At 8:13 p.m., firefighters responded to a 42-year-old woman who had possibly overdosed. She was treated and transported to Overlake Hospital Medical Center in Bellevue via private ambulance.
Tuesday, Aug. 24
Back pain: At 11:04 a.m., firefighters responded to a 40-year-old man who was experiencing back pain. He was treated and transported to Veterans Hospital via private ambulance.
Back pain: At 5:12 p.m., firefighters responded to a 36-year-old woman with back pain. She was given an exam and allowed to be transported to Snoqualmie Valley Hospital via private auto.
Thursday, Aug. 19
Tire fire: At 10:29 a.m., firefighters responded to a tire fire. When they arrived, they found that a tire had been burning by the roadside, but had already been extinguished.
Breathing problem: At 1:22 p.m., firefighters received a walk in alarm at the fire station for a 60 year old male that was experiencing shortness of breath. The patient was also evaluated by a paramedic unit from Bellevue Fire Department. The patient was evaluated and allowed to be transported by a friend to Veterans Hospital.