The following items made the news 25 and 50 years ago in the Snoqualmie Valley, as reported in the Valley Record:
May 25, 1989
• Mount Si High School has four valedictorians, Mary Anderson, Kelly Cabe, John Pickering and Peter Thompson, heading a 1989 graduating class of 1985.
• The bodies of three mutilated dogs were found in a wooded area along 372nd Avenue east of Snoqualmie. Such incidents are becoming more common. May is a bad month for satanic cult activity.
• The comprehensive plan amendment paving the way for the Snoqualmie Ridge development on the Lake Alice plateau was approved by the planning commission in a 5-2 vote and sent to the city council.
May 28, 1964
• Coach Carl Erland is the man of the hour, and members of the Mount Si track and field squad are accepting the praise of students and fans who saw them win the championship of the State A meet in Ellensburg.
• Voters approved $40,000 for storm drains and flood control in the Kimball Creek Flood District.