Pillars of the Community: Learn about Fall City’s community-shaping clubs, church | Photo gallery
June 15, 2012 · 2:22 PM
The Fall City Historical Society display at Fall City Days will honor four “Pillars of the Community”—The Falls City Masonic Lodge No. 66, the Fall City Lodge No. 59 Independent Order of Odd Fellows (IOOF), the Fall City Study Club, and the Fall City United Methodist Church.
According to the society, each of these groups has played an important and long-standing role in the social, civic and spiritual life of Fall City.
The organization will also share the newest offering in its “History in your Hand” series: A beverage glass featuring the historic Falls City Masonic Hall, built in 1895 and added to the National Historic Register in 2004.
After Fall City Days, the glasses will be available at Farmhouse Market and other outlets.
The Fall City Odd Fellows building on River Street is a landmark in early photos of Fall City and their creation of the IOOF Cemetery in 1902 was important. The Lodge has operated in a smaller building since about 1955.
The original Fall City United Methodist Church building was built in 1899 by the Baptists, on
the west side of Main Street, 337th SE. It was simply the Fall City Community Church for many years. The local Methodists purchased the building in 1919. In 1929 it was moved across Main Street to its present location, and expanded in the late 1950s and early ‘60s.
Featured on this year's collectible beverage glass, The Falls City Masonic Lodge was built in 1895, and is now honored by a listing on the National Historic Register. The history of the lodge was written in 1990 by Ed Opstad, in honor of their centennial celebration.