Both Upper Valley cities mark the start of the holiday season with tree lighting festivals happening Saturday afternoon, Dec. 7
North Bend tree celebration
The city of North Bend’s Holiday Tree Lighting Festival is 4 to 8 p.m. on the downtown block. Swing by for sing-alongs, performances, Santa visits and a nice bonfire.
Planned events include:
• 4:20 p.m., Snoqualmie Valley Girls Choir performance
• 4:40 p.m., IGNITE Dance and Yoga perforrmance
• 5:05 p.m., tree lighting with Mayor Ken Hearing and Santa arrival
• 5:10 p.m., Community sing-a-long, assisted by the Snoqualmie Valley Girls Choir
• 5:30 p.m., Snoqualmie Valley Unicycle Club performance.
Snoqualmie tree lighting
Watch as Snoqualmie’s Christmas Tree starts shining, 6:30 p.m. at Railroad Park Gazebo across from the Snoqualmie Depot. Visit with Santa, get horse-drawn carriage rides, listen to live music, and enjoy cookies and cocoa.
A Holiday Open House in Historic Snoqualmie takes place simultaneously. 4 to 8 p.m., at various downtown shops and businesses.
Find live music, art displays, treats and tastings, beverages for all ages, and special deals for holiday shopping at stores and restaurants throughout downtown Snoqualmie.