The following events are planned Wednesday and Thursday, July 3 and 4, for the Great Carnation Fourth of July celebration.
Wednesday, July 3
• 5 to 7 p.m., Sno-Valley Senior Center’s benefit Spaghetti Dinner at the center, downtown Carnation
Thursday, July 4
• 7 a.m., registration begins for 5K Run for the Pies; the run starts and finishes at the corner of Tolt Avenue and Commercial Street
• 8 a.m., registration begins for the Hot Rods & Harleys show at Gigi’s Cafe parking lot
• 8 to 11 a.m., Pancake Breakfast at the Tolt Congregational Church; proceeds benefit the church’s Good Neighbor fund
• 8:30 a.m., 5K Run for the Pies begins at the corner of Tolt Avenue and Commercial Street
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Mom’s Room, First Aid stand open at Mother and Child Medicine, 4563 Tolt Avenue.
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sno-Valley Senior Center Strawberry Shortcake feast at the center
• 10:30 a.m., Kiddie Parade begins on Tolt Avenue across from the Market
• 10:45 a.m., welcome address from the mayor at the Parade Stage downtown
• 10:45 a.m., flag-raising ceremony at Tolt Commons Park
• 11 a.m., Grand Parade begins on Tolt Avenue; entrants and floats can sign in at the corner of Morrison Street and Tolt Avenue
• Post-parade, the Just Moo It! 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament begins on West Bird Street behind City Hall.
• Noon to 4 p.m., Hot Rods & Harleys exhibition at the Gigi’s Cafe parking lot, former Bank of America.
• All day, Vendor Village is open downtown in Tolt Commons Park; food, drink, crafts, plus face painting, pony rides and bouncy toys
Before the fireworks, there is plenty of free entertainment and live music at the Fireworks Stage in Tolt-MacDonald Park
• 4 to 10 p.m., beer garden at Tolt MacDonald Park, benefits Carnation Fourth.
• 4:30 p.m., Cascade Community Theatre presents ‘The Tempest’
• 5:30 p.m., Brooks Band, acoustic rock
• 6:45 p.m., Ben Parish Band, jazz
• 8 p.m., Jack Ballard Band, rock and roll
• 10 p.m., Rene Wolf, singing ‘God Bless the USA’
• 10 p.m./dusk, fireworks begin to fly at Tolt-MacDonald Park. Parking is available at the park for $5. The fee helps support the celebration and the park.
The folks behind the celebration ask visitors to keep their viewing areas at the park clean. If you pack it in, please pack it out and use the waste cans provided. Guests are advised to stay out of the fireworks fall zone which will be set up around the launch site. The area to avoid is just north of Tolt-MacDonald Park. Reminder: The discharge of personal fireworks, except sparklers, is prohibited in city limits.