- About Us
Carnation Fourth | A grand day's schedule
Two days of events and entertainment at Carnation’s Fourth of July celebration include:
Sunday, July 3
• 4:30 p.m., Cascade Community Theatre presents “Windsor’s Merry Wives” at Tolt Commons Park
• 5 to 7 p.m., Sno-Valley Senior Center’s benefit Spaghetti Dinner at the center’s Stephens Avenue location
• 5:30 p.m., Cowpie Eating Contest by Lazy K’s at Tolt Commons Park
• 6 p.m., live music by Round 2 at Tolt Commons Park
Monday, July 4
• 7:30 a.m., registration begins for 5K Run for the Pies; the run starts and finishes at the corner of Tolt Avenue and Commercial Street
• 8 a.m., registration begins for the Hot Rods & Harleys show at the Carnation Bank of America parking lot
• 8 to 11 a.m., Pancake Breakfast at the Tolt Congregational Church; proceeds benefit the church’s Good Neighbor fund.
• 8:30 a.m., 5K Run for the Pies begins at the corner of Tolt Avenue and Commercial Street.
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Mom’s Room is open at Sno Valley Senior Center, Stephens Avenue
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sno-Valley Senior Center Strawberry Shortcake feast is served at the center;
• 10:30 a.m., Kiddie Parade begins on Tolt Avenue across from the Market
• 10:45 a.m., welcome address from Mayor Lee Grumman at the Parade Stage downtown
• 10:45 a.m., flag-raising ceremony at Tolt Commons Park
• 11 a.m., Grand Parade begins on Tolt Avenue; entrants and floats can sign in at the corner of Morrison Street and Tolt Avenue
• Post-parade, the Just Moo It! 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament begins at Entwistle and McKinley Streets
• Noon to 4 p.m., Petes Club Grill Hot Rods & Harleys exhibition at the Bank of America parking lot
• All day, Vendor Village is open downtown in Tolt Commons Park; food, drink, crafts, plus face painting, pony rides and bouncy toys
Before the fireworks, there is plenty of free entertainment and live music at Fireworks Stage in Tolt-MacDonald Park
• 4 p.m., Jeff Zuber
• 4:30 p.m., CCT’s “Windsor’s Merry Wives”
• 5:45 p.m., Felonious Monk
• 6:30 p.m., James Hurley
• 7:15 p.m., Redline
• 10 p.m./dusk, fireworks begin to fly at Tolt-MacDonald Park. Parking is available at the park for $5. This fee helps support the Fourth of July and the park.
Keep Carnation beautiful
The folks behind the celebration ask visitors to keep their viewing area at the park clean. If you pack it in, please pack it out and use the waste cans provided. Guests are advised to stay out of the fireworks fall zone which will be set-up around the launch site. The area to avoid is just north of Tolt McDonald Park. Reminder: the discharge of personal fireworks, except sparklers, is prohibited in city limits.