Stories from 25 and 50 years ago, as published in the Snoqualmie Valley Record
Thursday, June 30, 1988
• The residential garbage pickup rate in North Bend will go up from $7.70 to $8.47 as a result of an ordinance passed by the city council last week.
• Cynthia (Henry) Bayles, a 1978 Tolt High School graduate, is following a life-long dream. She gets closer and closer to reality as she travels the United States, entering Olympic Game trial races in her specialty, the 800-meter run.
Thursday, July 4, 1963
• Miss Pamela Lynn Catling, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Catling of North Bend, and Mr. Daniel Lee Rice, son of Mr. and Mrs. James Rice of Snoqualmie, exchanged marriage vows at the North Bend Community Church at an eight o’clock ceremony on June 14.
• The first of seven weekly sessions of the Conifer Athletic Camp at Hyak, east of Snoqualmie Pass, got underway this week.
• Mr. Homer Ewing is improving following a stroke and heart attack on June 24. He was hospitalized for two days.