Finding help when you need it: Low income services are available this winter for Valley residents

Winter time in the Snoqualmie Valley means freezing temperatures and cranking up the heat. Many Snoqualmie residents may struggle during the colder seasons to pay for their various winter utility bills. There are many reduced rate options available to residents who meet low-income requirements.

City of Snoqualmie Water Utilities

Reduced water utility rates are available for Snoqualmie residents who meet low-income eligibility requirements. Forms are available on the city website at in “Services & Utilities” and at Snoqualmie City Hall, 38624 SE River St in downtown Snoqualmie. More information: 425-888-1555

Internet Service

Internet service is available for $9.95 per month plus tax through Comcast’s Internet Essentials program. Families who have a child that receives free or reduced price school lunches may be eligible. Low-cost computers and free internet training is also available to qualified customers. More information: or 1-888-846-8376

Electricity and Natural Gas

Puget Sound Energy (PSE) offers financial assistance for low-income households through the federal Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and the PSE Home Energy Lifeline Program (HELP). Other available assistance includes The Salvation Army Warm Home Fund and weatherization assistance for income-eligible customers. More information: in “Accounts & Services or 1-888-225-5773

Garbage and Recycle

Waste Management offers disabled customer carryout service at no additional cost for those who can provide a doctor’s note or handicap permit as proof. To sign up, call Waste Management customer service at 1-800-592-9995 or visit

Pet licensing

Discounted pet licenses are available for pet owners who are 65 or older or who have proof of a disability; in both cases, the pet must have proof of being spayed or neutered. Pet owners who have a service animal are eligible for a free pet license. Pet licensing forms and information are available on the King County website at and on the City of Snoqualmie website at in “Services & Utilities”. Forms are also available at Snoqualmie City Hall, 38624 SE River St in downtown Snoqualmie. More information can be found by calling 206-296-7387



We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the May 25
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.