Snoqualmie police: Report bear incidents immediately

Snoqualmie residents should report their bear encounters, immediately, by calling 911.

“Any incident that’s going on right then, that’s when we want the call,” said Snoqualmie Police Officer Nigel Draveling. If it’s not an emergency, residents should indicate that to the dispatcher, “but we still want it as a 911 call,” Draveling said.

“If they’re at your garbage can, we want to be called,” Draveling said.

The Snoqualmie Police Department is located at 34825 SE Douglas Street on Snoqualmie Ridge. Their non-emergency number is (425) 888-3333.

Learn more about Snoqualmie police department here.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Oct 19
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.