Can't call? Find a fire station, or keep driving

With telephone and cellular networks out throughout King County due to storms and a prolonged power outage, residents are advised to find other ways of communicating.

Citizens who need emergency assistance and cannot get through to 9-1-1 on their home phone should use their cell phone to call 9-1-1.

If cell phone service is not available in your area, try your call from another area, go to the nearest fire station, or use a phone in a public place.

The 9-1-1 centers cannot receive text messages.


We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Oct 19
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.