- About Us
Encompass offers six parenting classes this fall
A full complement of six parenting classes and workshops—for soon-to-be parents and brand-new parents to parents of middle-schoolers—awaits potential enrollees this fall at Encompass.
Online registration for all classes and workshops is available at encompassnw.org. Classes include:
• “Parenting Skills for a Lifetime,” for parents of children ages 3 to 11,from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays from Sept. 20 to Oct. 25, 2011, at the Encompass Main Campus, 1407 Boalch Ave. N.W.,
North Bend. $10 materials fee, free childcare available by pre-arrangement.
• “Make Parenting a Pleasure,” for Spanish-speaking parents of children from birth to age 7, from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Thursdays from Sept. 29 to Dec. 1, 2011 (not including Thanksgiving), at the
Encompass Main Campus, 1407 Boalch Ave. N.W., North Bend. $15 materials fee, free meal and free childcare.
• “Bringing Baby Home,” Gottman Relationship Institute retreat for soon-to-be parents and brand-new parents, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 1 and Oct. 8, 2011, at Cedar River Watershed
Education Center, 19901 Cedar Falls Rd. S.E., North Bend. $150 tuition per couple (includes workbooks and materials). No childcare available, but infants under 1 can attend with parents.
• “Strengthening Families,” for middle-schoolers and their parents, orientation 5:30-6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2011, then 5:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays, Oct. 5 to Nov. 16, 2011, at Blakely Hall, 2550 N.E. Park Dr., Issaquah Highlands.
• “Emotion Coaching” workshop, for parents of preschoolers and grade-schoolers, 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2011, YWCA Family Village Commons, 949 N.E. Ingram St., Issaquah Highlands. (Sept. 22, 2011, workshop at same location is full.)
• “Children in the Middle” workshop, for separated, divorced and divorcing parents, noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22, 2011, at the Encompass Main Campus, 1407 Boalch Ave. N.W., North Bend. $10 materials fee, no childcare available.
Details about all classes and workshops, including instructor photos and biographies, are available at encompassnw.org or by calling (425) 888-2777.