- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Beat winter break boredom: Si View offers children's camps during weeklong break
Local schools start a five-day mid-winter break on February 21. But there's no reason for them to be bored between classes. Si View Metro Parks has a variety of activities to keep them busy, including:
• Teen Night, 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 19 – An evening of games, Teen Nights are open to middle and high school students, who can hang out with loud music, dancing and games. Fee is $2.
• Gap Camp at Si View Park, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., all week. – K-5th graders will have tons of fun with games, crafts, swimming, a field trip and more. Weekly and daily rates are available.
• Youth Hoops Basketball Clinics, February 21 and 22 at Chief Kanim Middle School – Sharpen skills while having fun. Camps are offered for both recreation (K-6th) and travel league (5-8th) players. Fee is $35 recreation, $45 advanced.
• Pro Baseball Camp, February 21 to 23 at Chief Kanim Middle School. Get a head start for the upcoming season. Steve Goucher covers all aspects of baseball including throwing, fielding, pitching, and hitting. Open to ages 9-14. Fee: $75.
• Youth Open Gym Times, 11 a.m. to noon Wednesday and Friday, 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. Tuesday. Children can shoot hoops with friends at Si View gym. Youths 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent. Fee is $2 for children, $3 for adults.
• Public Swim Times – Additional public swim times have been added for the mid-winter break week: 12:40 to 1:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, 5 to 6 p.m. Friday. Children under 6 must be accompanied by a parent. Fee is $2 for children.
For a complete Si View schedule of current programs and activity registration, visit www.siviewpark.org or call (425) 831-1900